- Social graces. Redefined | MIEN Magazine - http://www.mienmagazine.com -
No more swearing: a new campaign by MIEN Magazine
Posted By admin On August 1, 2011 @ 1:14 pm In Pastiche | No Comments
by Prunella de Pedant
Once upon a time, not too very long ago, one would not dare use the “F” word or the “S” word. I did not even know what the “C” word was. For shame, now these words are used all too often and - quite frankly - I am getting a little tired of such cussing from men or women. Have you noticed how I didn’t use gentlemen and gentlewomen as I spoke of this matter? It is for a very good reason.
Now, take a little peek at the unpleasant sight of the woman featured in this piece’s photograph. She doesn’t look very polite, does she? Just imagine, this is what it looks like when you use expletives? It is most unsavoury and one of the worst misdemeanours one can commit.
This is why there’s no time like the present to launch a genteel campaign to stop swearing.
Please join us on our mission to make the world a more polite place to hold conversations, watch television, and go to the cinema.
Be gone with the “F”, the “S” and the “C” word.
Here is what we propose:
1) Watch your language
2) If someone else swears, try to point out this misdemeanour in a graceful manner
3) Start a coin jar for your swearing demerit points. Collect change and use it for a good reason - not to shop or for your own personal consumption, rather donate it to a good cause
4) Please be honest, we are entrusting you with this
5) Use alternative words if you must blow off steam in a heated or tense moment
Thank you for reading this humble attempt at making the world an expletive-free zone - or at least a place where there’s less cussing and more use of considerate and polite communication.
Do you agree with us? Are you sick and tired of so much swearing? Please share your thoughts and spread the message of our campaign.
With gratitude and fondness
Prunella de Pedant
Article printed from Social graces. Redefined | MIEN Magazine: http://www.mienmagazine.com
URL to article: http://www.mienmagazine.com/pastiche/no-more-swearing-a-new-campaign-by-mien-magazine/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.mienmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/coin-jar-for-swearing.jpg
Copyright © 2008 MIEN Magazine. All rights reserved.