- Social graces. Redefined | MIEN Magazine - http://www.mienmagazine.com -
Charm School at the Cadogan Hotel
Posted By admin On November 7, 2013 @ 11:41 am In Charm school, Pastiche | No Comments
For this holiday special, etiquette enthusiasts are invited to attend classes in the glorious setting of the Cadogan Hotel where the likes of Oscar Wilde have imbibed and socialised in a most civilised fashion.
The sessions we have designed are dedicated to the fast-approaching holiday season, which is always fraught with situations that require more social savvy.
The Charm School will be welcoming visitors on November 19, 20, 27, and 28th.
A preview of the sessions (with further details and ticket links on the  Charm School schedule):
* Learn the art of small talk for office parties and professional networking with Dana Gornitzki, Mistress of Manners, Charm School. Learn a few golden rules and perfect the tips with onsite practice. Loosen up and stretch with Lucy Baker, games maven and founder of  everybody’s it. (Tuesday, November 19 @ 7-9pm. £25, bring a friend and two tickets for £45).
* The basics of wine glass knowledge - a masterclass on wine glasses with Sammy Giusti, Head Bartender of the Cadogan Hotel. Learn about which wines belong in which glasses, how much to pour (all in good measure) and how to pour properly. Session includes a tasting and live demonstration. (Wednesday, November 20 @ 7-9pm. £45)
* Posture workshop – walk straight and correctly with  movement specialist Elizabeth Banks. This is more advanced than simply walking with books on your head – this workshop will focus on the real health benefits of good posture. Charmers should come dressed in comfortable clothing and be ready for a class with activity as well as time for sipping herbal tea and socialising. (Wednesday, November 27 @ 7-9pm. £25, bring a friend and two tickets for £45).
* The art of small talk for social outings, romantic adventures and family parties. Party season will be here in no time and certain social scuffles are inevitable. Learn practical skills and get hands-on experience at this session led by the Mistress of Manners (also, professional chatterbox). (Thursday, November 28 @ 7-9pm. £25, bring a friend and two tickets for £45).
All Charm School guests will be treated to lovely teas and coffees and classes always include breaks that allow time for face-to-face conversations.
Further details and ticket links listed in the  Charm School’s schedule
Article printed from Social graces. Redefined | MIEN Magazine: http://www.mienmagazine.com
URL to article: http://www.mienmagazine.com/pastiche/charm-school-at-the-cadogan-hotel-for-four-exclusive-dates/
URLs in this post:
 Cadogan Hotel : http://www.cadogan.com
 MIEN Magazine’s Charm School: http://www.welcometocharmschool.com
 Charm School schedule: http://www.welcometocharmschool.com/schedule
 everybody’s it: http://www.everybodysit.com
 movement specialist Elizabeth Banks: http://www.eb-pt.com
Copyright © 2008 MIEN Magazine. All rights reserved.